Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Darn you, Australia!!!

     I am an admitted lover of tennis.  Current favorite player: Rafael Nadal.  I'm in the minority on this in my house.  My mom loves Federer, and my sister has decided to pick my player's main opposition, Djokovic. 
     The Australian Open was played over the past two weeks, ending on Sunday.  Well, Monday actually.  They're twenty hours ahead of where I live, and all of the big matches are played at night.  Unfortunately, that means that I've been living on East Australia Time for the past week.  The mens' final was an amazing marathon, that I stayed up for.  The whole thing.  Went to bed at 6:30 yesterday morning. 
     What's the point, you ask?  The point is that it's currently 3:57, and I'm wide awake.  Good time to work, I guess.  Re-editing what will probably be my next book on Kindle.  It's been a while since I last read it.  Has needed just a few little tweaks here and there.  It always surprises me when I find spelling mistakes.  I mean, between first draft, all the edits, me and my sister, it's amazing that there are still bad words.  The other bad thing (besides the time, I mean) is that I just headed into the climax of the book.  Looks like I'll be up a while longer.
     So, I poured myself a little more soda (decaf), and finished my ice cream break.  Time to get back to work.
     Speaking of ice cream and soda:  I really need to give the stuff up.  I've had enough persistent health issues without filling my body with junk.  February 1st seems like a good day to clean up my act.  Gives me a little time to put encouraging sticky notes everywhere and say goodbye to Diet Mountain Dew and things like brownies.  Just hope I don't go too overboard.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment